“Drive and Build“, Maintenance, Construction schedule plans
The railway infrastructure is subjected to a continuous process of maintenance and modernization. During these procedures the timetabled operation of train services should be continued as far as possible. High standards for the planning of track maintenance and modernization are thus required.
RMCon has got extensive experience in planning of track maintenance and modernization in the following areas:
- Economic investigations of construction methods, e.g. comparison of a complete track closure to carrying out of construction operations while the timetabled operation continues as far as possible
- Dimensioning of special infrastructure during the period of construction, e. g. check of necessity of additional points
- Evaluation of running time changes due to speed restrictions and other requirements during the construction phase
- Adaptation of the planned timetable to the construction conditions (e. g. speed restriction, single line operation)
- Train path evaluation for construction site vehicles
Priority aim in planning is well working operational procedures without disturbances during the construction phase, a smooth construction of infrastructure in due time and qualified maintenance. For this object the software system RailSys is used for the planning of track maintenance and modernization.
To archive this goal the construction levels with its constraints for operation (temporary closures and speed restrictions) are implemented and their influences on operational procedure are modelled. Afterwards solutions can be developed in coordination with all persons concerned.